Tuesday, January 11, 2011

SAT



This past weekend, Chris and I traveled to San Antonio, my hometown, to attend the wedding of a very good friend I have known since middle school. We were really excited about this trip since we hadn't been to San Antonio in such a long time. 

I wanted to show Chris my old school, my old house, and we wanted to be sure to make our rounds at all the good places to eat!

On Friday, we traveled downtown to my old school and later had dinner near the Riverwalk (which had been drained of its usual water and was actually just muddy).

On Saturday, we woke up to a home-cooked breakfast prepared by my friend Kasey's mother- we stayed at their house this weekend and Kasey was in town for the wedding as well. We all then met up with more old friends for brunch at an interesting restaurant which was joined to a car wash and a laundromat!  Afterward, Chris played golf  at the driving range at Alamo Quarry with Axel, Kasey's boyfriend, while Kasey and I headed to some pre-wedding events. That night, we attended the rehearsal dinner hosted by the groom's family for yet more delicious food at a Tex-Mex restaurant in Alamo Heights.  I don't think we stopped eating all day.  We also stopped by my old house and met the current inhabitant!  He was perhaps more excited than I was!  He welcomed us in and showed us around- I even got to see my old room, which is now a game room.

Sunday was the day of the wedding, but we made sure to get up early to...eat. Again. We traveled all the way downtown to a historic building, the Guenther House, for a traditional breakfast of waffles and pancakes (and a fruit platter). The wedding was so brief, but it was the first Jewish wedding either of us has been to, so it was fun nonetheless (no bride or grooms in hoisted chairs, though). Of course, we ate some more at the reception.  In fact, I don't think I ate anything on Monday after all the eating we'd done since Friday.




2 comments:

  1. How were the cinnamon buns at Jailhouse Cafe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess if someone hadn't gotten an upset stomach, we could have obtained cinnamon buns the size of one's head! Alas...

    ReplyDelete