Recently, I've extolled the benefits of country living. It isn't necessarily that I want to move to the country (probably never going to happen), but I feel that ever since school, I've had a greater, new-found appreciation for the country. There is truly something to be said about being in isolation, enjoying the outdoors, and the slower, relaxing qualities of life. We try to at least once a year, get out to the country for a long weekend. Each year, for about 4 years now, we've headed out to the Catskills, rented a nice, quiet house with acres of land, and just enjoyed ourselves. This past Labor Day weekend was no exception.
 |
| cabin in the woods- total seclusion |
Not only do we enjoy our time out there, but Harry absolutely
loves "vacation," as we call it.
It's the only real vacation that Harry can enjoy with us and that's another big reason we love going out there. Even though we joke around about how much he loves the country, he actually does! He sort of perks up, has great run of the yards, plays outside, and just has an extra spring in his step. This time, we found out how much he loves swinging...he actually ASKED to go outside to get on the swing on the front porch.
 |
| frisbee time! |
 |
| just. so. happy |
|
 |
| grilling in the evening |
|
 |
| game time |
 |
| chelsesa and me, just hanging out on the front porch |
We grilled, we ate, played cards, read, and just took it easy. Next, it's time to look for a vacation home in the country!
*first photo: Harry swinging on the front porch- didn't even get off of swing until I picked him up out of it 30 minutes later!
No comments:
Post a Comment