Thursday, January 3, 2013

The days ahead...


While this past holiday time has been especially hard for us for various reasons, I want to focus on some of the less heavy, small, perhaps seemingly insignificant, but happier things. First, my beautiful new antique tea cups and saucers that I received for Christmas. They are a similar pattern to the other set I purchased a while back. It's amazing how much time can be spent perusing auctions for these little treasures.

I am currently enjoying a "staycation" and since it's been just too chilly to go out, I've browsed the internet on end, and did some baking today.  We made a marvelous spiced pumpkin and walnut bread. The amazing recipe can be attributed to one and only GP, here. The spices, together with the warmth of the fresh bread were perfect for a  frozen, icy day. 



This year, with some uncertainty as to how the New Year will be, I am especially hesitant (as always) to make any resolutions. I enjoy taking each day as is and having bigger, overarching goals to generally live by so that I don't tend to disappoint myself. Some ideas (big and small) I've toyed around with though, have been:

Eating more wholesome, delicious foods. Taking/consistency in taking our vitamins and supplements. Purposeful intention to everything, even seemingly small tasks during the day- what is meant by this I think I will have to figure out slowly, but I suppose the idea can be said as: living each day for just that- the day. As an astute (to a fault) planner, this is a very new way of thinking for me, but may just be what we need for the new year ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment