We have not moved in six years. It's safe to say that we are, we have been pretty settled. Before we lived in our little apartment at the bottom of the Hill, we lived in an even little-er apartment at the top of the Hill for a year. Before that, we lived in an even smaller apartment in the heart of New York City for two years. And before that, we were in a moderate sized, one-room apartment in Boston for a year. So, you can see that we are no strangers to moving, but it's been quite some time since we've had to even think about it.
I started packing yesterday and I found what I call, the original form of blogging…an old scrapbook that I started in college (of course, this is why packing can be so time consuming- finding and looking through old treasures!). These were the days when online blogs were certainly more rare, and memories were physically cut, pasted, and hand-written into an album. I loved reading out loud the blurbs I wrote. We laughed and commented about how "teenager-y" it all sounded. Truth be told, it did, but then again, a teenager did write it.
I also concluded that we might have liked each other more back then…perhaps not really, but we liked each other differently. It was evident that we grew old (older) together and had we not, it wouldn't really have worked all these years later.
I also concluded that we might have liked each other more back then…perhaps not really, but we liked each other differently. It was evident that we grew old (older) together and had we not, it wouldn't really have worked all these years later.
It's funny what your mind remembers and what it forgets over time. So, I'm glad to have documented some fun times. I hope that this blog serves a similar purpose for me in the future (only, when I pore over it then, there will be less laughing at the writing style!).
Oh, and we seemed to have also found some original "selfies," too!
No comments:
Post a Comment