Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fall is really happening


This is the view out our front door last week. Well, a ground view. We have so many leaves- to my pleasure (so colorful and festive), but to Chris' chagrin (raking and cleaning out gutters!). 

We spent last weekend moseying around town. We visited the Mount Auburn Cemetery in Cambridge. It was very peaceful and made for a very pleasant, fall walk. Surprisingly, we ran into a 5 minute downpour on our way out.  I don't think I've walked that much since we've moved- honestly, I was  exhausted by the end of the day and I may still be feeling it in my legs!

resting in peace

a perfect, New England fall day

memorializing the family pup

We are looking forward to all the holidays coming up. Starting with Halloween! We are prepared this year for some potential trick-or-treaters. I've also started sizing up our Thanksgiving serveware and dinnerware to make sure we have enough of what we need. Since we have always had such limited space, we'd make do with all the everyday cookware and serving-ware that we had. Now that we have a tad more room, we can have things like say, a true roasting pan!  I think we lament the fact that we need a gravy boat each and every year and when space is tight, there is no room for extraneous items that see use once a year. You know my obsession with vintage china- specifically toile/transferware. The search is on and this year, we shall be prepared! 


No comments:

Post a Comment