We haven't had anything too exciting going on these past few months. The snow is FINALLY disappearing these past couple of weeks and I hear it's the last cold day of the year until it starts to become quite pleasantly warm! It's about crunch time for baby's arrival so when we've had the chance, we've tried to combine getting everything in order for his arrival and also enjoying/treating ourselves to meals out or sleeping in.
We had a delicious lunch at Toro a few weeks ago (above photos- tuna toast!), thanks to a birthday certificate from my brother from last year. We've always wanted to go, but it's quite the hip place at night even after all these years, and reservations are impossible. So, lunch was perfect. We were so intent on eating that we didn't really take too many pictures. The corn was my favorite part of the meal. I could go again and order just the corn and be completely satisfied. The best corn of all time!
A few weeks ago, we planned a last minute lunch reservation at the Capital Grille during Restaurant Week. We each got our favorite desserts! It doesn't get better than that. Creme brûlée for me and chocolate cake for C.
| Crema Cafe. The best English muffin in town. |
This week marks the start of my maternity leave from work and we had the good fortune of C having the day off on Monday. We had a grand time walking around Harvard Square, going to our favorite cafe there, Crema Cafe and enjoying our favorite breakfast/snack, their English muffin with butter and jam (why can't we ever find raspberry jam this good?! Believe me, I've tried. C even gave me grief about always buying strawberry jam after tasting again how delicious the raspberry jam on the muffin is!) I ordered something new that I should try at home: an Almond Earl Gray, which is EG tea with steamed and frothed almond milk.
We've done a little baking. Or rather, I should say C did a little baking. Bless his little heart- I haven't had much energy or patience these days for cooking, much less baking, but he loves it so it works out quite well. We tried an Asian Milk Bread recipe that I came across. It was delicious! And preservative free!
We've otherwise just been relaxing at home, on the couch, catching up on all our shows (and new ones) and waiting…
![]() |
| Life pretty much any day of the week: napping on the couch with comfortable blankies |

No comments:
Post a Comment