We went to the Museum of Fine Arts yesterday to catch the John Singer Sargent traveling exhibit. Which was packed. There was a line to get into a line to get into the gallery. Within the gallery there were people on top of people. It made me think that we're all becoming a little intolerant of lines because when do people really wait in lines anymore?
The exhibit was rather nice. My favorite was one where he paints a clear pond, with ripples and pebbles underneath the water. Unfortunately, my photo is a little bit blurry (probably because there were 5 people next to me at either elbow!) and I can't remember exactly what it is called, but it was pretty neat.
| Arg, doesn't really do it justice, but trust me, it was magnificent |
| Chris' favorite of the set: Mountain Fire |
We had a late lunch/early diner in the cafe afterwards and wandered through the "new" American Wing (only the first floor of it, though). I remember the old American wing and it was always a little damp and dark and cloistering. The new one is so much improved: a bit more modern and spacious. Being in New England, I thought some of the paintings and furniture were so apt. I mean, don't we all know this George Washington one from history books?! It was pretty neat to see it in person and to see how large it was in real life.
| Pretty famous as well, I suppose |
Personally, I enjoyed the American portrait paintings- the bright colored clothing paired against the darker backgrounds overlaid in a shiny paint texture. And it looks like I liked to take all the photos from an angle yesterday!
We were pretty much too tired to see anything else yesterday, but once again, just like earlier in the year, made a vow to come back more frequently!
No comments:
Post a Comment