We kicked off our Twelve Dates of Christmas with our yearly trip to The Nutcracker! This is our 4th year in a row going to the show, and it's still just as exciting every year. Chris and I are in agreement that this year's performance was, no doubt, the best show (though C did note a couple of mis-steps. Chris! I likely did not notice these little mistakes since I joked that the two tallest people in the entire row in front of us, if not in the entire theater, just happened to sit in front of the two of us…). I can't quite put my finger on why we thought this year's show was stand-out, but I think that the costumes and dance numbers were just spectacular this year- pared down to the most beautiful bits.
We have been pretty lucky each year in terms of weather. At least in my memory, it's been nice enough that we've been able to just walk to the Opera House, and yesterday was no different. It was uncannily "warm" yesterday for late December, and all the snow that had accumulated last week was slowly but actively melting. We walked through Boston Commons on our way there and got a couple of good shots of the Christmas lights.
| the Commons and the city scape behind it on a beautiful winter night |
| beautifully strung blue lights near the skating rink- which was packed. Just packed with people having fun. The most packed we've ever seen in. "crazy, nuts, packed" per Chris. |
The Opera House is just so elaborate inside- a real underrated treasure in Boston, I feel. We've got to plan to get there at least an hour prior to the show one of these years so that we can get a good picture of the two of us in there. It's usually mob-like when we get there and there are just too many people in front of, behind, and everywhere, to get a really good picture.
| but I did get this one, though. Beautifully, ornate ceiling at the Boston Opera House. |
After the show, we stopped by our favorite fast food haunt, Uburger. We always find an excuse when we're anywhere near the Commons to stop by that place. Well, even when we're no where near the Commons too, I suppose.
| at Uburger, enjoying the view of the Commons. You can see our reflections in the window! Guess what Chris ordered…a frappe. A frappe! In this weather! No wonder someone got cold on the walk home... |
| close up of the X-mas tree, on our way home. |
No comments:
Post a Comment