We had an event packed weekend. Mostly, it was events revolving around food and decadent eating. Every single meal we had today was out- which doesn't make for a good feeling at the end of the day, but was much enjoyed at the time.
Technically, our original X-mss Date #2 was brunch at Hamersley's with E & A (a family brunch!). It was nice to catch up. Both E and I wanted one of the waffle dishes (savory? sweet?- couldn't quite decide) but alas, the waffle machine happened to be broken today- we were informed literally minutes after we set foot into the restaurant. Seriously, of all days! We subsequently both settled for the arctic char special, but still, I think our hearts were set on the lobster waffles. Nevertheless, brunch was so delicious that I forgot to capture any of the moments in photos. Good thing Chris snapped at least the menu. (In addition to brunch, we had a breakfast of dim sum and a dinner of straight up carb-loaded pasta- gnocchi for me and pasta fra diavolo for Chris. Just classic.)
We walked around a bit today between breakfast and brunch looking for some necessary cookware for preparing Christmas dinner. We now finally have a true roasting pan!
We saw this cute little "lawn" decor in the South End whilst strolling around:
And we ran into a group of Christmas caroling bicyclists!! I wish I had time to have captured them on video.
No comments:
Post a Comment