We had never been to the Institute for Contemporary Art in Boston before (after all these years living here!) and decided to take advantage of free admissions on Thursday evenings. It's a pretty magnificent building that sits along the Boston Harbor. Very angular, glassy, and modern. I'm sure it is beautiful in the daytime or during warmer weather as well, when you can sit outside on the decks and look out towards the water.
I can't say that I'm a huge contemporary art fan, though I find it interesting. I did like one artist's work on the female form my favorite of the evening. I do enjoy mostly, the choice in layout of the art and how it's decided what goes where and how they should appear. Like this photo, where there is a huge white wall with only two smaller paintings.
| A bit grainy iphone photos, but Chris' and my reflections with the Boston Harbor in the background |
*First photo: Courtesy of Chris. The staircase in the ICA.
No comments:
Post a Comment